College and University Education
The University of Michigan
School of Business Administration
(Ross School of Business)
Ann Arbor, MI
Degree Earned: Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) awarded April, 1988
- Awarded a modest, partial scholarship on the basis of excellent academic standing.
- Concentration in marketing (advertising) and consumer psychology.
- Prepared in-depth situational appraisals, recommendations, and reports.
- G.P.A. earned for total of 130 credit hours: 3.47 (A=4.0).
Macomb Community College
Degree Earned: Associate of General Studies awarded May, 1986
- G.P.A. earned for total of 68 credit hours: 4.0 (A=4.0).
- Attended college full time while teaching guitar 40 average hours weekly.
American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS)
Earned: Certificate of Aromatherapy (Cert. Aroma)
Title Earned: Certified Aromatherapist
- Completed the ACHS Certificate of Aromatherapy Program (390 Hours)
- The ACHS Cert. Aroma program meets the Level Two (Professional) requirements of both the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA).
- ACHS is a state licensed and accredited educational institution specializing in health sciences and herbal studies.
- Received grades of As and A+s for all major assignments.
as ACHS' Famous Alumni for 2009 for my role in founding
and operating AromaWeb
(see Experience section).
ACHS states that "award winners must meet select criteria
set for the quality of their contribution to their chosen
profession in specific, and society in general."
View ACHS 2009 Famous Alumni Press Release.
Other Training and CEU Coursework
Dale Carnegie Training
Garden City, NY
Course Held in Southfield, MI
Certificate Earned: Dale Carnegie Training Certificate
- Expanded skills in all facets of oral communication.
- Enhanced capability of motivating others and sharing ideas.
- Obtained key strategic information for establishing, prioritizing and evaluating goals.
how to effectively manage difficult and stressful business
Allaire (Now Macromedia)
FastTrack to ColdFusion Course
Certificate Received: Fast Track to ColdFusion
Ziff-Davis University (ZDU)
Courses Taken Online
1998 - 1999
CEUs Granted Through the American Council on Education:
Web Site Performance
an Online Community
Basic 5 Programming Part 1
Basic 5 Programming Part 2
Server Pages Part 1
Other courses were also taken from ZDU without electing to receive CEUs.
American Management Association
New York, NY
Seminar Held in Southgate, MI
Certificate Earned: Knock-Your-Socks-Off Customer Service Certificate and CEU credit
- Obtained additional skills and techniques for providing outstanding customer service to clients.
- Course emphasis included treating all colleagues and managers as clients for providing effective communication, assistance and teamwork for the betterment of the company.
As an avid reader and perpetual student, I am continually reading books related to the industry fields that I serve.
- Frequently visit sites that focus upon Web technologies, development, design, marketing, writing and aromatherapy.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant news by visiting technology-oriented news sites on a daily basis.